Friday, April 11, 2008

New laptop?


Noticed how hot and noisy the laptop has been running, which didn't improve after I cleaned the cooling fan. Think it's time for a new laptop. Bought my first Asus laptop over 2 years ago (current laptop) and was very happy with it, only problem is that it can't handle some of the new games & software, but that's how computers are, it's understandable. I hardly ever shut down the Asus (always downloading something), so 2+ years is actually pretty good.

Been looking at the Asus M50SV-A1, with the latest chipset and 512MB video memory (video memory is one of my top priorities). Still debating if I should keep the default Vista Home Premium or pay extra to have XP Home Premium installed. The total damage should be around $1500, will be making the decision in the next few days.

M50SV-A1 specs

No comments: